Experienced Hearing Aid User - Acoustitone Pro Hearing Aid

Acoustitone Pro Hearing Aid Review : 5/5

I purchased my first set of hearing aids in January 2004. At that time I was diagnosed with "moderate hearing loss" and paid $4,000 for two hearing aids recommended by my physician and audiologist. Since that time my hearing has become progessively worse. I was at the point where my original hearing aids could not be programed to work with the hearing loss I was experiencing. I received a quote of $6,000 for new hearing aids, again with no guarantee that they would provide the hearing assistance I was seeking. I was told I have only 85% comprehension even at corrected hearing levels.

When reading the reviews and the money back guarantee of the MD Acoustitone PRO I decided to try two of these hearing aids to see if they would help. I received the hearing aids about three weeks ago. I have used them daily, normally 14 - 16 hours per day. I am hearing better than I ever did with my $4,000 aids, and with the volume control and selection of tips I can adjust these so that I am able to hear much of what I have been missing in the past several years. As an added benefit, my $4,000 hearing aids would require new batteries every 3 - 4 days. I have been wearing these MD Acousittone Pros for almost three weeks and am still on the original pair of batteries! These are size # 13 vs. # 10, a little larger but the same price - about $1.00 per battery. At this rate, I will save another $80 per year on battery replacements.

I strongly recommend that if you are a current hearing aid user or if you feel that hearing aids will benefit your life try the MD Hearing Aids. For a comparison, most audiologists will offer a 30 day trial on their aids. Try a pair of expensive aids and compare to the MDs. I would bet that you will agree with me that the MD are not perfect, but are every bit as good as if not better than the more expensive hearing aids. By JP

The Acoustitone Pro Hearing Aid is available at Amazon.